Request a Confidential Callback
What Is An Intensive Outpatient Program?
Intensive Outpatient Programming is a treatment that takes place in an addiction treatment facility during the daytime or evening. The number of days and hours someone attends IOP depends on the individual’s needs, determined by the treatment provider. IOP provides an effective way to treat conditions like substance use disorders and mental illness. It works well for clients who do not need to be in an inpatient or residential environment but still need a concentrated amount of time per week to receive therapeutic treatment. They can attend their treatment sessions during the day or attend an evening IOP program and return home or to a sober living after.
Who Would Benefit From Attending Our IOP In Stoughton, MA?
Residential facilities are not always the best option for everyone and treatment plans should be tailored to every person’s particular situation and needs. When you call The Healing Center our staff will perform an over the phone assessment in order to decide what level of care is best for you. Normally, people who benefit from our IOP in Stoughton include:
- A client that wants to balance their work and home responsibilities with treatment. Clients who attend our IOP have the ability to still work, care for their children, and attend outside support groups.
- A client who cannot take leave from school or work, but still wants to obtain help for their addiction and co-occurring disorders.
- Clients who do not meet the requirements for residential treatment, but are still trying to find help for addiction in a supportive and professional environment.
- Clients who are participating in our step down program and have completed our PHP in Stoughton, MA.
What Does A Typical Day Look Like At Our IOP In Stoughton?
The Healing Center’s IOP near Boston is located in the peaceful and beautiful town of Stoughton, MA. Our intensive outpatient program is located at our facility. Our clients normally attend the program for about 20 hours per week. Our IOP offers two different schedules: day and evening sessions. Day treatment occurs in the morning or afternoon and clients return to their living environment in the late afternoon or early evening. In our night program, clients attend treatment in the evening in order to accommodate their daily commitments.
While our clients are attending our IOP near Boston, MA they are provided with a variety of addiction treatments including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT is a common type of therapy that helps individuals replace negative thought patterns with positive ones.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). The goal of DBT is to help individuals regulate emotions and develop healthy coping skills.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). This type of therapy is focused on trauma treatment. It involves focusing on past trauma in an effort to reduce associated emotional responses.
- Group Therapy. In group therapy, healing is promoted through socialization and processing with peers.
- Emotion-Focused Therapy. This technique helps participants address the deep emotion behind their reactions, process them, and communicate them better.
- Trauma-Informed Care. This type of care takes into consideration a client’s trauma and potential for PTSD.
- Family Therapy. The goal of this type of therapy is to heal interpersonal relationships.
Benefits Of Intensive Outpatient Treatment
Intensive outpatient programs offer both effective and convenient care for addiction and mental health disorders. Here at The Healing Center our IOP in Stoughton offers dual diagnosis care. Scientific studies have proven that treating co-occurring mental health disorders results in positive outcomes for treatment. Our goal is to teach clients health coping skills that lead to long term management of both addiction and mental health.
Benefits Of Our IOP in Stoughton, MA Include:
- High Level Of Support And Supervision: Our IOP program has sessions on a consistent basis. Thus, clients are provided with both support and supervision throughout the week. Furthermore, clients are able to offer encouragement to each other through our group therapy sessions. Many clients are able to build friendships that even after treatment is completed.
- Flexible Schedules: One of the most attractive parts of intensive outpatient programs near Boston is the flexibility. The sessions allow for clients to fulfill their personal responsibilities with things like school and employment. Clients are able to have consistent treatment that fits into their daily routine.
- Accessible Care: Normally, IOPs are more affordable compared to residential treatment. Furthermore, intensive outpatient programs are normally covered at least partially by insurance.
- Balanced Care: Our IOP in Stoughton offers flexibility, especially compared to residential treatment. Nonetheless, they also provide more structure than a standard outpatient program. This means that clients are still able to receive intensive treatment while fulfilling personal obligations.
- Privacy: Since people can still fulfill personal obligations, they are able to maintain privacy when it comes to their addiction treatment.
- Individualized Treatment Plans: At The Healing Center we tailor our clients treatment plans to their personal needs. We understand that every client who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, your treatment plan should be unique too.
- Evidence-based Treatments: Our IOP in Stoughton provides evidence-based therapeutic treatments that help you achieve long-term recovery and develop a healthy lifestyle.
Ensuring the Success of Our IOP Treatment Near Boston, MA
IOP drug and alcohol treatment is a step below the PHP level of care. Thus, it is considered a relatively low supervised form of outpatient care. Normally, clients should enter into a php or residential program before IOP. This is due to the fact that our IOP in Stoughton, MA requires that you have a certain level of self accountability. Making sure that you are both medically and mentally stabilized prior to outpatient care ensures the success of your treatment.
Another way to ensure the success of attending our IOP in Stoughton, is to follow the treatment plan you are given by our clinical staff. You should attend all of your scheduled sessions, and implement the tools that your therapists recommends. Consistently attending IOP implements structure back into your life and helps keep you accountable. Furthermore, you therapist will teach you healthy coping skills in order for you to deal with stress and triggers. Using all of the services and tools our program offers you ensures that we are able to help lay the foundation for your long-term recovery.
How To Find An IOP Near Stoughton, MA
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction or alcoholism, then don’t wait to get help. The Healing Center is here to help you today. Our goal is to provide multiple therapies and levels of care in order to ensure that treatment is accessible. If you have been medically stabilized and are looking for a flexible program, then our IOP in Stoughton, MA may be the perfect fit. Call our admissions team today in order to start your healing journey.